Improved Processing with Viton™ AL-Type Fluoroelastomers
Viton™ AL-type fluoroelastomers are gum terpolymers comprised of hexafluoropropylene (HFP), vinylidene fluoride (VF₂), and tetrafluoroethylene (TFE). They are ideal for applications where resistance to compression set and the ability to return to original thickness after a compression load has been applied are essential.
The Viton™ AL family of products is widely used in fuel systems, including:
- Fuel injector O-rings
- Injection and transfer molding of O-rings, gaskets, and other sealing devices
- Extruded cords, profiles, and tubing
- Solution coatings of fabrics and other substrates
Features and Benefits
The "L" designation in Viton™ AL indicates that the polymer provides slightly improved low-temperature flexibility characteristics versus other polymers within the same family.
Viton™ AL-type fluoroelastomers offer:
- Improved mold flow
- Better mold release
- Less mold fouling
- Improved compression set resistance
- Good low temperature characteristics