Flexibility and Performance with Viton™ Fluoroelastomers
Rubber hoses and tubing are widely used across many industries, including automotive, aerospace, industrial machinery, chemical processing, medical, and food processing. In these applications, hoses and tubing are used to contain and convey various fluids, fuels, and gases, often in very harsh environments.
They may be used in:
- Automobile engines to withstand high temperatures.
- Chemical processing to contain hazardous chemicals.
- Hospital environments to sterilely deliver medicine to patients intravenously.
- Oil and gas production to transport fluids in extreme conditions.
With such widely varied uses, the materials used to create these hoses and tubing require vastly different properties to accommodate each application.
Viton™ fluoroelastomers come in a variety of grades, including ones specifically used in industrial, automotive, and aerospace applications. When using Viton™ fluoroelastomers, designers can specify the required properties for the final product.
These properties include:
- Retention of flexibility
- Corrosive chemical resistance
- Resistance to evaporative permeation
- Extreme temperature resistance