Improved Quality. Higher Yields. Increased Production.
The extruded plastics market is expected to reach $291 billion by 2026, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.7% over that time. Polyolefin extrusion systems—which produce films, plastic sheets, molded plastics, pipe, and tubing—must be optimized to run at top speeds without interruption while also producing high-quality products.
Viton™ FreeFlow™ unique extrusion process aids improve product quality and yields and increase operational efficiencies. Viton™ FreeFlow™ extrusion process aid provides the same throughput and other benefits while using a lower dosage. In a typical resin formulation, adding less than one part per thousand of Viton™ FreeFlow™ extrusion process aid eliminates melt fracture and reduces die buildup in both blown films and extruded plastic parts.
Key benefits of using Viton™ FreeFlow™ extrusion process aid for different products include:
- Blown film: Eliminates melt fracture, reduces die pressure, increases output
- Pipe extrusion: Reduces die buildup, reduces sagging, increases output, improves appearance
- Wire and cable: Reduces die buildup, improves surface appearance, increases output
- Blow molding: Improves cycle times, reduces flow lines
- Cast film: Reduces die buildup, reduces downtime
- Fiber spinning: Improves surface smoothness, reduces fiber breakage, reduces downtime