Outstanding Resistance to the Most Extreme Conditions
Viton™ Extreme™ ETP-600S is a copolymer of ethylene, tetrafluoroethylene (TFE), and perfluoromethylvinyl ether (PMVE). This unique combination of monomers provides outstanding resistance to harsh fluids.
Viton™ Extreme™ ETP-600S exhibits the same excellent resistance to acids and hydrocarbons typical of A, B, and F types of Viton™ fluoroelastomers. However, Viton™ Extreme™ ETP-600S provides additional protection in demanding environments.
Unlike conventional fluoroelastomers, Viton™ ETP-600S provides excellent resistance to low molecular weight esters, ketones, and aldehydes. Additionally, Viton™ Extreme™ ETP-600S is inherently resistant to attack by high pH fluids and base materials. This enables hoses, seals, gaskets, or O-rings made with Viton™ Extreme™ fluoroelastomers to not swell in volume or lose their elastomeric properties in highly caustic solutions and amines.
Features and Benefits
Viton™ Extreme™ ETP-600S combines the thermal resistance of Viton™ fluoroelastomers with unique chemical and environmental resistance beyond the capacity of conventional fluoroelastomers.
Key benefits of using Viton™ Extreme™ ETP-600S fluoroelastomer include:
- Excellent resistance to acid, hydrocarbon, and low molecular weight esters, ketones, and aldehydes
- Inherent resistance to base attack and low volume change in highly caustic solutions, amines, and hot water
- Low temperature flexibility
- Compression set and physical properties for improved seal performance
- Improved mold flow, faster cure rates, and improvements in mold release and fouling for efficient manufacturing
With these properties, Viton™ Extreme™ ETP-600S is the smart choice for automotive oil seals and turbocharger hoses, aircraft engines and fuel systems, and downhole hydraulic systems in oil exploration.