The Elastomer Selection Tool
Knowing chemical compatibility is important for ensuring proper functioning, durability, and longevity of the final product.
Chemical resistance is a measure of:
- Permeation: the process by which a chemical agent migrates through a material at the molecular level
- Penetration: the bulk flow of a chemical agent through porous materials, closures, seams, or imperfections in a material
- Degradation: a damaging change in one or more physical property of a material after it's been exposed to a chemical agent
Each of these important characteristics is relevant to fluoroelastomers and elastomers when determining their compatibility with a very diverse range of chemicals.
The online Viton™ Chemical Resistance Guide provides basic information about elastomers and the properties that are important to consider when selecting them.
This guide offers:
- Performance information for Viton™ fluoroelastomers and 20 other elastomers
- Use-specific information, including each materials' compatibility and suitability to work with 1,000+ chemicals
To access the online Chemical Resistance Guide, complete the form below.